Monday, October 26, 2009

All's well in the end

I am officially a normal ahole.
My colonoscopy said so.
The procedure truly wasn’t bad at all. The substance they put in my IV was not available to go. I asked- It was nice. After that entered my system everything was easy-peasy. Except I got the giggles, this was a ridiculous way to make a living. I bet the doctors and nurses don’t tell people what they really do. Probably tell people they are in cancer research. That sounds nobler. That is really what it is all about though. My step-father died of colon cancer; not a dignified way to die. He fought for his country but he could not fight this and win. Colon cancer survival rates are dependent upon the stage at which the cancer is detected According to research reported in the ANZ Journal of Surgery, in Australia, the five-year survival for stage 1 colon cancer is 93%, but it drops to 59% for stage 3 colon cancer. Have you had a colonoscopy?

No comments:

Post a Comment