Monday, November 9, 2009

Get ready...

On Thursday I meet with Dr. Pilcher for the pre-op appointment. I am afraid that there will be some last minute glitch that prevents me from having WLS. It is just about that T.O.M. but that won’t affect the procedure I’ll just be even more uncomfortable. I have the money for the co-pay of $1258 that they want up-front. If I have gained weight or have any active rashes they would re-schedule the surgery.

These are the things that I think I will need:
CPAP machine
Robe
Slippers
Notepad and pen
Meds that are normally taken
Basic toiletries, chapstick, lotion, Deodorant
Electric shaver
Walker, labeled
Socks to wear in bed
Baby wipes or antibacterial wipes to freshen up
Insurance card? and medication list
Glasses and glasses case
Book/ bookmark




Last Thursday, DD, took me to my pre-op hospital check-in. I filled out paperwork. They drew eight vials of blood. I had an EKG.

Other WLS patients recommend having these things on hand for when you get home:
sf syrups,different flavors of Crystal-lite, Wyler’s, cranberry drinks, all sugar free,.
(you need a good variety because you never know which kind will taste good after surgery) SF popsicles and several different kinds of pre-made SF Jello.SF Listerine breath strips, and Gas-X thin strips

DD brought me some Impact advanced Recovery nutrition drinks that she wants me to start using five days before surgery.


All I have to do is wait and worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment