Tuesday, November 17, 2009

go!

I’m really, really ready. If I don’t have it now I ain’t going get it. I probably won’t need it anyway. I’m all packed, got my ducks in a row. Mom is due soon to stay with me at the hospital. Tomorrow morning I will bathe with the special soap, pack up my CPAP and take my meds with minimal water. Need to be at Methodist Specialty and Transplant at 8:00 o’clock. Jon is going to spend the night at Amanda’s so they won’t be taking so many cars to the hospital in the am.
I told Jerome last night that it seems strange to be going into the hospital feeling fine knowing that I’ll be coming out feeling beat-up. I don’t think I need to tell him anything about my last wishes. Anything he decides will be fine with me. He knows I don’t want to be on life support and all that stuff. There are quality of life issues that are more important I’m sure he knows. Quality of life is the main reason I am doing the WLS surgery anyway. It may seem like a drastic step but I have tried all the other options. That is most likely why it took me so long to reach this conclusion and why I am comfortable with my decision
Oh! Mom’s here the next part of my life begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment